Friday, August 04, 2006

The Back Catalogue



At the same time in Act Two I am collating a collage of references to previous plays performed by The Church on Rise Park Drama Group. I am finding a voice for each piece and establishing focal points. The sources of fragments to fuel the text range from the political to the parochial, the global to the local, the amateur to the academic.

BD 1: Do you come here often?

BM 1: Always the best man never the groom.

BD 1: I’ve been a bridesmaid so many times I could…

BM 1: Dress seven brides for seven brothers.

BD 1: How did you know?

BM 1: I heard it in a show.

FOB: I’ve watched her grow, from show to show.

MOB: Wedding of the Year

FOG: Fish out of Water

MOG: Pickle in Paradise

BD 2: Down to Brass Tacks

BM 1: Lucky for Some

BD 1: I’ll Get my Man

MOB: The Man Outside

FOB: Just the Ticket

MOG: Happy Days

GMOB: Play On

BM 1: The Camel’s Back

FOG: The Curious Savage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home