Monday, October 30, 2006

Aims of Communion



For my MA, I am investigating the presence of pretence and absence as substance in a performance and an installation.

I devise, write, direct and perform a play with the amateur dramatics group that was my introduction to theatre. The piece explores amateur dramatics as an act of communion and the events that take place in the church hall – weddings, christenings, funerals, plays. There are no stage directions.

I exhibit an installation with the drama group’s old stage. I record stage directions from plays they performed on the stage blocks with silences where there are lines. These are the words that were never meant to be heard. The first acts are played back in an empty theatre as an act of communion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home